Jen, over at Conversion Diary, hosts a weekly “7 Quick Takes” linky. It’s a great way to discover new blogs, so go take a peak. Bloggers post on their own blogs about 7 things and link up at her post. I’ve joined in sporadically, but now it’ll be every.single.week, since I am on a roll with this daily posting resolution.
My 7QT: St. Nicholas Day
1. Dear Children, please let me sleep.
I don’t care if there’s a life-size chocolate horse in your shoes, kiddos. Four a.m. is just too early. Especially if your dad and I were up at midnight, having suddenly sat up in bed remembering that we didn’t remember to fill said shoes. I love you. I do. but please don’t give me grief and harass me for being mean “on a saint’s day!” when I ask you to go back to bed after
devouring enjoying the treats. Where do you think those clementines came from, stinkers?!
2. I made an ice cream cake (but it kind of melted).
Just to reassure you that I am really not a mean mom, this is the ice cream cake I made for our birthday boy today:
It was chocolate with vanilla ice cream and vanilla whipped cream frosting. It tasted great. But, I didn’t allow enough time for it to freeze and set. I should have frozen the individual layers before adding the ice cream and whipped cream. They were cool to the touch, but too warm for ice cream. Oops.
Please refrain from laughing. Thank you.
3. Happy Birthday to my little boy!
Four years ago today, I had a
little actually kind of big, 9-pound baby boy. We named him Nicholas. He captured all of us from the first look. What a precious little love.
And each year he grew, and became a toddler and then a little boy, but he’s only grown sweeter. He is my love-bug. He comes up to me throughout the day to announce, “Mama, I like you!” or, “I kissed you on your hand!”
I love this boy so much. Thank you, God, for the best St. Nicholas Day gift ever.
4. Karate tests!
John and the three oldest are on their way home from Baltimore, Md., where they tested for their belts for the first time. They won’t know for a few days how they did, or what their new belt colors are, but hopes are high for some color as they are all white currently (they just started this summer).
5. The winter storm watch became official today and is projected to turn into a warning. Looks like ice and snow are headed our way this Sunday, and could result in power outages and flooding in the aftermath. Apparently ever Wal-Mart in the region is a zoo, already. At least people are taking it seriously.
6. We need more kerosene and a new wick for the heater. See #5 above. Hey, at least I’m all set on toilet paper and eggs.
7. I’m tired, really tired. See #1 above. Or I could document the inadequate amount of shut-eye I’ve been able to snatch recently. But actually, I’m too tired.
Do you participate in the 7QT linky post? Comment and I’ll check out your blog!