So many random things to write about, so little time!
1. I made pumpkin puree last week (or was it the week before?) We later made that puree into pies, with my brother’s help; but today I made this collage depicting the puree-making process and my sense of accomplishment increased mightily:
I’m just tickled that readers can get the picture, so to speak, without having to scroll, scroll, scroll. I see a future full of photo collages. Thank you, picmonkey.
2. I have to leave soon to take Patrick to reading/ educational/ occupational therapy. It’s a combination of physical therapy and focused tutoring. He works better for the therapist than he does for me, but we have homework to do throughout the week and he’s getting better about it. They recommended 100 sessions to adequately address his learning challenges. 100 sessions?! 1 down; 99 to go… if our stamina and budget last.
3. Our basement guest room has been slowing evolving from an unfinished area in the basement to a bona fide room with doors, trim on the window, and an actual bed.
This was after the curtain was added, so already an improvement. But now:
Yes — another collage! I told you. Now it’s not finished yet, and typically the futon is set up as a sofa and adds more color (reds) to the palate, but you get the idea. Paint helps!! Still needs more trim and some paint removed from the floor; as well as art/ wall decor. Huge improvement though.
4. It’s definitely a low budget decor project. Frugal living at its finest! Sources for my home decor items pictured above:
- bed & dresser from someone in the parish giving them away
- rugs and decorative pillows from Target clearance
- aqua lamp from flea market ($2); brown lamp on dresser from target (also 70% clearance)
- rocking chair from yard sale
- Ikea chair a hand me down from my aunt
- wire basket on dresser from Hobby Lobby
5. I’m really looking forward to meeting my sweet niece, my brother’s first baby, at her baptism this weekend. I can’t wait to hold her. She is so cuddly and smiley in the pictures though she’s only 6 weeks old.
6. I really wish we had better grocery shopping options in our small town. We’re limited to a Wal-Mart and a regular grocery store (Martin’s). I do most of my grocery shopping at Costco, Sharp Shopper and Trader Joe’s, as well as through food co-ops, local vegetable farm, and a local beef ranch. It’s just always a drive to get t better shopping options.
7. I need to shower and get dressed!! Happy Friday!
Linking up with Jen!